Carnage of the X Factor hopefuls
Wednesday 18 July 2012
The X Factor became the axe factor when 60 contestants were dumped from the show's boot camp section before they had the chance to sing.
Around 200 would-be stars had travelled to Liverpool in an attempt to make it through to the judges' houses round.
But they were gathered on stage at the city's Echo Arena last night and almost a third were sent straight home.
A show source told the Sun: "It was carnage. They were told there would be an important announcement. They went out on stage to face Tulisa, Louis, Gary and Nicole - and then the bombshell. There were looks of shock on people's faces. Even the judges looked upset."
It is believed show supremo Simon Cowell ordered the move amid fears that too many average acts had been put through.
An X Factor spokesman said: "Some of the contestants who got a yes at their first auditions, when seen side by side against the others, were not of a good enough standard."
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Jeremy Clarkson is a cultural tumour and needs to be removed, says comedian Frankie Boyle
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >