Celebrity Big Brother 2013 start date announced
The Channel 5 reality show will once again be hosted by former Big Brother winner Brian Dowling
Tuesday 04 December 2012
Channel 5 will begin broadcasting the next edition of Celebrity Big Brother on Thursday 3 January at 9pm it was announced today.
It will be the ninth time the activities of "celebrities" in the Big Brother House have been broadcast to the nation, and follows the reality television show's move from Channel 4 to Channel 5.
Julian Clary won the last contest in September, beating runner-up Coleen Nolan and Martin Kemp.
2001 Big Brother and 2010 Ultimate Big Brother winner Brian Dowling will continue to host the show. He took over from Davina McCall, who hosted the show for ten years, in 2011.
Emma Willis will also return as the presenter of Big Brother's Bit on the Side.
No contestants have yet been named but the rumours include Katie Price and X Factor's Rylan Clark.
Readers on the Channel 5 website have named some of the famous faces the would like to see in the house as Adam Ant, Davina McCall and Nicki Minaj.
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >