Channel 5 to screen Dallas revamp
Monday 10 October 2011
TV hit Dallas is to return to UK screens after Channel 5 snapped up the rights to a revamped version of the show.
The programmes feature former stars such as Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray, with Larry Hagman reprising his role as JR Ewing, along with newcomers.
The 10-part series about the struggles of the oil-rich Ewing clan is expected to be screened next year.
Dallas was a huge hit three decades ago when it was shown on BBC1 as viewers were gripped by the rivalry between brothers JR and Bobby (Duffy). The famous "Who shot JR?" storyline caused a buzz around the world.
The new series features Jesse Metcalfe and Brenda Strong, who both featured in Desperate Housewives, with a new generation fighting for the family fortune.
Jeff Ford, Channel 5's director of programmes, said, "With its alluring mix of wealth, seduction, scandal and intrigue, there is something for everyone on the Southfork Ranch and it's a hugely exciting addition to our 2012 schedule."
Auction house to give away $1m masterpiece in charity raffle - and tickets are only $100 each
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Now that an oil trader's drinking has got him sacked, will we all have to make do with an afternoon latte?
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >