Clare Balding to host chatshow on BT Sport
Thursday 31 January 2013
Clare Balding has landed her own chatshow which will see her interview some of the biggest names in sport.
The broadcaster, who was widely praised for her role in front of the cameras during the 2012 Olympics, will present the weekly show on the BT Sport channel.
She said: "I'd like to thank BT for giving me the opportunity to present my own magazine style programme in which I can interview iconic sports stars and discuss newsworthy and stimulating topics. I'm enthused by BT's vision for sports coverage in the future and particularly their support of women's sport, an issue about which I feel very strongly. This is an exciting new venture for me and I can't wait to get started."
Balding will continue working with the BBC as well as presenting Channel 4's racing coverage alongside the new BT show which has a working title of Clare Balding Presents.
BT has recently moved into sports broadcasting and has won the rights to show 38 live games a season from the Barclays Premier League, including 18 of the top clashes, for three years from this August.
Its new channel, BT Sport, has also signed deals to show live rugby union games and women's tennis.
BBC Trust agrees to axe channel from TV in favour of digital moveTV
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Osborne to cap family benefits at £23,000 – announced ahead of his post-election Budget
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts
Greece debt crisis: Angela Merkel and Francois Hollande issue Athens with 24-hour ultimatum to avoid crashing out of the euro
Greece crisis: Referendum exposes a gaping hole at the heart of the European Union – its lack of genuine legitimacy