Coronation Street couple Reg and Maureen Holdsworth to reunite in Benidorm
Friday 12 April 2013
Coronation Street favourites Sherrie Hewson and Ken Morley will be sharing the screen again after they signed up for the next series of Benidorm.
Morley, who played amorous supermarket manager Reg Holdsworth in the soap, will make a guest appearance in the ITV show which will be shown next year.
Hewson, who played his on-screen wife Maureen in the soap for many years, will return to her regular role as hotel manager Joyce Temple Savage.
The series, which is currently being filmed, also sees the return of regular cast members including Steve Pemberton, Siobhan Finneran and Tim Healey, and former cast member Nicholas Burns will also return to the show.
Executive producer Ben Cavey said: "Things are certainly heating up by the pool in this series, with some great new characters, as well as the return of many of our well-loved regulars."
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Ireland gay marriage vote: 'No' campaign appears to concede amid reports of 'yes' landslide victory
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Picture of couple posing with beached dolphin 'that later died' causes outrage
- 4 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland