Cory Monteith death: Lea Michele breaks silence after overdose of her boyfriend and Glee co-star
The actress posted a picture of the pair together, tweeting: “Thank you all for helping me through this time with your enormous love & support. Cory will forever be in my heart.”
Michele, 26, had previously only spoken about her grief through a representative, who urged the public to respect Michele’s privacy, and gave details about how the actress was supporting Monteith’s family.
Monteith, 31, was found dead in his hotel room in Vancouver on Saturday 13 July. An autopsy revealed he died of a heroin and alcohol overdose.
The actress also helped to arrange a memorial service for the cast and crew of Glee last week, which was held in a private location in Los Angeles.
For further reading:
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Paralysed man Darek Fidyka walks again after treatment by British doctors on brink of 'cure' for paralysis
American Horror Story season 4, Fox - TV review: Silly, sensational and sensitive
Breaking Bad season 6 hoax: Vince Gilligan has not confirmed a new series
MOBO awards 2014: Sam Smith sweeps the board with four gongs
The Apprentice, episode 3 - review: Lord Sugar hacks away at the deadwood with another double elimination
Channel 5 gives Big Brother the cold shoulder
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'