Cowell to create X Factor for performing pets
Thursday 11 October 2012
Simon Cowell is going to the dogs - with a TV show for performing pets.
The X Factor boss's production firm Syco is working on a programme featuring talented dogs which is expected to be screened over the festive period
Britain's Got Talent judge Alesha Dixon is considered favourite to host the programme, to be called Take The Lead.
Ashleigh and Pudsey (pictured), who won this year's BGT, are likely to be on the judging panel.
A source confirmed they are working on the one-off programme for ITV and said it was likely to take the form more of a variety show than a talent contest.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Arts & Ents blogs
Christmas TV guide 2013: Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
Justin Bieber isn't retiring from music after all
American Hustle, review: 'Jennifer Lawrence is brilliant as the neurotic housewife'
The Harry Hill Movie, film review: Screenplay isn't so much offbeat as utterly feeble
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police
- < Previous
- Next >