David Walliams in bid to host new patriotic panel show 'I Love My Country'
From Little Britain and Britain's Got talent, to another UK-themed show
Friday 13 July 2012
David Walliams could front a new BBC peak-time comedy panel show which will test celebrities' patriotic knowledge.
The comedian is working on a pilot of the show - called I Love My Country - in which he will team up with Frank Skinner and Greg Davies.
It is based on a show which has already proved to be a hit in the Netherlands, created by TV gameshow guru John De Mol.
Britain's Got Talent judge Walliams has previously hosted Sky 1's panel show Wall Of Fame.
The pilot programme is not due for broadcast but the series is being considered for BBC1.
The BBC's executive editor for entertainment commissioning, Alan Tyler, said: "David, Frank and Greg are three of the UK's biggest comedy talents. Bringing them together on one show is a really exciting prospect."
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Dear Sir Jimmy Savile: A comedian's words of valediction to the nation's trusted uncle
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >