David Wicks returns to EastEnders after 20 years
Thursday 25 July 2013
Michael French is making his comeback in EastEnders as womaniser David Wicks almost 20 years after he first arrived in Albert Square.
The actor, who has also appeared in hospital drama Casualty, returns later this year and show bosses are promising sparks will fly.
He was last seen in the long-running BBC soap last January when he briefly returned for the last scenes of his on-screen mother Pat Butcher, played by Pam St Clement, and rekindled his romance with Carol Jackson (Lindsey Coulson).
The last time viewers saw him on screen he was chased off the Square by her brothers after trying to rekindle the relationship.
Executive producer Lorraine Newman said: "It's an absolute honour to have Michael back in the show. Michael created an iconic character in David and, with such rich history with Ian, Bianca and of course, Carol, there's plenty to explore in the future."
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
Great British Bake Off 2014: Diana Beard quits after falling ill
Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
Breaking Bad season 6 hoax: Vince Gilligan has not confirmed a new series
Strictly Come Dancing v X Factor: Simon Cowell blasts BBC over scheduling war
Doctor Who series 8: Ofcom will not investigate lesbian kiss
Exclusive: We share blame for creating 'jihad generation', says Muslim strategist
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
- < Previous
- Next >