Doctor Who series 8: Rough cut of episode 1 ‘Deep Breath’ leaked online
This is the second breach within the space of a week
Sunday 13 July 2014
A rough version of ‘Deep Breath’, Capaldi’s first full-length adventure as the 12th Time Lord, has ended up on the internet over a month before it is due to be broadcast.
The latest leak is thought to be part of the same security breach that saw five new scripts and internal BBC documents being posted online earlier this week.
It is believed that the leak occurred when the scripts, along with other materials, were sent to BBC Worldwide’s new Latin America office in Miami for translation ahead of the global simulcast.
The footage, featuring Capaldi and his companion Clara Oswald, played by Jenna Coleman, is in black and white with special effects missing.
A BBC Worldwide spokesperson told RadioTimes.com: "This is part of BBC Worldwide's ongoing security investigation into leaked unfinished Doctor Who materials. This content is currently being removed and originates from the same Miami server disabled last week, it is not a new issue.”
The BBC issued an apology earlier this week in response to the script leak, saying that they were investigating the incident and urged fans not to reveals any spoilers.
The new series of Doctor Who will start on 23 August, with a screening planned in Cardiff before then.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk