EasteEnder Sharon to clash with jilted fiance
Tuesday 31 July 2012
Soon-to-return Sharon Watts endures an angry confrontation with her jilted groom as she makes her Walford comeback.
Former Eldorado and Footballers' Wives star Jesse Birdsall plays her dumped fiance John, in scenes of high drama to be screened over the coming weeks.
Sharon - played by Letitia Dean - is heading back to Albert Square after an absence of more than six years.
Viewers will see her seeking Phil Mitchell's help as she turns up on his doorstep almost hysterical next month when the BBC is to screen seven editions of the soap in a week.
Phil (Steve McFadden) tries to calm her as she explains she has walked out on her wedding day and needs Phil to help her get her son back.
When they attempt to return him, they have to face the wrath of John at the reception venue.
Over the weekend the BBC began screening trailers for Sharon's return showing a storm causing havoc in the Square.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Green village to be bulldozed and mined for lignite in Germany's quest for non-nuclear fuel
- 2 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
- 5 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
Before They Pass Away: In pictures
Kylie Minogue, Kiss Me Once tour, London O2 - review: Pop princess still reigns supreme
Miranda Hart and Sarah Millican lead female comedy breakthrough
'Before They Pass Away': Endangered communities photographed 'like Kate Moss'
The Simpsons death: Character killed off - but not the one you thought
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >