EastEnders role for Gary Lucy
Friday 03 August 2012
Former Footballers Wives star Gary Lucy is heading to Albert Square to play a charismatic City banker.
The Essex-born actor, who has also starred in Dream Team and The Bill, will play Danny Pennant in EastEnders.
Show insiders said the character "oozes sex appeal" and is heading for trouble in the BBC1 soap.
Lucy, who made his breakthrough playing Luke Morgan in Channel 4's Hollyoaks for three years, will make his Walford debut in September.
He has also appeared in Dancing On Ice.
tv Review: Miranda Hart and co deliver the festive goods
tvReview: Older generation get hot under the collar this Christmas
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'