EastEnders role for Gary Lucy
Friday 03 August 2012
Former Footballers Wives star Gary Lucy is heading to Albert Square to play a charismatic City banker.
The Essex-born actor, who has also starred in Dream Team and The Bill, will play Danny Pennant in EastEnders.
Show insiders said the character "oozes sex appeal" and is heading for trouble in the BBC1 soap.
Lucy, who made his breakthrough playing Luke Morgan in Channel 4's Hollyoaks for three years, will make his Walford debut in September.
He has also appeared in Dancing On Ice.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before a character like Homer or Lisa
- 4 British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 5 Pope Francis assures atheists: You don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven
Black-ish: America's new 'racist' TV sitcom has had a mixed reception
Cilla, episode 3, ITV, review: Ed Stoppard steals the limelight as Beatles manager Brian Epstein
The Simpsons death: Creator Al Jean would 'kill himself' before a character like Homer or Lisa
The Jungle Book: A tale as old as time
Doctor Who, The Caretaker - review: Bland Earth-based adventure fails to excite
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- < Previous
- Next >