EastEnders star 'put off drinking' playing boozy character
Friday 28 September 2012
EastEnders actress Jacqueline Jossa has revealed that her character's boozy ways put her off drinking in real life.
The soap star's alter ego, Lauren Branning, is struggling with alcoholism on the BBC One show, and Jossa said the storyline had been an eye-opener.
The 19-year-old told the Daily Mirror: "Playing Lauren has put me off drink. I still have the odd one now and again, but I don't like being smashed off my face because I think 'Oh God, the way people look at Lauren, do they look at me like that?"'
There’s revolution in the air, but one lady’s not for turningTV
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God