EastEnders star 'put off drinking' playing boozy character
Friday 28 September 2012
EastEnders actress Jacqueline Jossa has revealed that her character's boozy ways put her off drinking in real life.
The soap star's alter ego, Lauren Branning, is struggling with alcoholism on the BBC One show, and Jossa said the storyline had been an eye-opener.
The 19-year-old told the Daily Mirror: "Playing Lauren has put me off drink. I still have the odd one now and again, but I don't like being smashed off my face because I think 'Oh God, the way people look at Lauren, do they look at me like that?"'
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain