Eat your heart out Amelia Earhart: Loose Women's Carol Vorderman vows to fly solo around the world
Thursday 06 June 2013
Loose Women star Carol Vorderman is swapping the studio for the skies to fly solo around the world.
The presenter will attempt to complete the ill-fated voyage of Amelia Earhart, who disappeared while attempting to fly around the globe in 1937.
Vorderman, who said she is "obsessed" by flying, will be supported by her boyfriend, Graham Duff, a former member of the Red Arrows.
She told the Daily Mirror: "It's something I've always wanted to do and I've got to the point in life where I just decided to do it.
Mr Duff will join her on the trip in a support aircraft as the former Countdown star takes on the 29,000-mile journey.
Vorderman plans to get her pilot's licence this year before setting out on her adventure next year.
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
They're back, they're big – and they're still spectacularly boringfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories