Eat your heart out Amelia Earhart: Loose Women's Carol Vorderman vows to fly solo around the world
Thursday 06 June 2013
Loose Women star Carol Vorderman is swapping the studio for the skies to fly solo around the world.
The presenter will attempt to complete the ill-fated voyage of Amelia Earhart, who disappeared while attempting to fly around the globe in 1937.
Vorderman, who said she is "obsessed" by flying, will be supported by her boyfriend, Graham Duff, a former member of the Red Arrows.
She told the Daily Mirror: "It's something I've always wanted to do and I've got to the point in life where I just decided to do it.
Mr Duff will join her on the trip in a support aircraft as the former Countdown star takes on the 29,000-mile journey.
Vorderman plans to get her pilot's licence this year before setting out on her adventure next year.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 3 Hong Kong protests: Facebook turns yellow in solidarity with pro-democracy supporters
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Donald Trump retweets picture of serial killers Fred and Rosemary West thinking they are the parents of fan 'inspired' by him
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
'Women, walk wherever you want' posters taken down in Stamford Hill following 'unacceptable' signs separating men and women
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- < Previous
- Next >