Emmy Awards 2013: Red carpet arrivals
Homeland star Claire Danes, Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn and British actress Michelle Dockery were out in force last night at the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards.
Dockery missed out to Danes for Outstanding Lead Actress, but Anna Gunn, who plays Walt White’s long-suffering wife in Breaking Bad, won for Outstanding Supporting Actress.
Michael Douglas was present on the red carpet, and took home an Emmy for Outstanding Actor in Mini-series or Movie for his performance in HBO’s Liberace.
It was a successful night for Breaking Bad, which won the gong for Outstanding Drama Series for the first time, beating AMC rival and three-time winner Mad Men.
But lead actor Bryan Cranston missed out on the Outstanding Lead Actor gong to Jeff Daniels from The Newsroom.
Video: Emmys red carpet style
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991 with most Brits wanting to stay in'