Emmy Awards 2014: Robin Williams to be given 'proper and meaningful remembrance'
Awards organisers putting plans in place for ceremony later this month
Robin Williams is to be given a "proper and meaningful remembrance" at the 66 Annual Emmy Awards, which will take place on 25 August.
The executive producer of the event, Don Mischer, said that plans for the In Memoriam segment of the awards, which will honour the late comedian and actor, are already in discussion.
Mischer told People: “We are still coming to terms with this week’s tragic news we are working to give Robin Williams the proper and meaningful remembrance he so well deserves.”
Tributes to Williams continue to be made after the actor was found dead on Monday at the age of 63. His children have spoken publicly of their “immeasurable loss,” in the wake of Williams’ apparent suicide, while co-stars such as Matt Damon have expressed their fondness for the actor.
Video: The death of Robin Williams
The In Memoriam section of the Emmys, which airs in 10 days, will pay tribute to the members of the TV industry who have died over the past year, from performers and presenters to producers, sound technicians, and the host of professionals who work on and off-set to help bring a TV production to life.
Williams himself was nominated for nine Emmys, the first of which was in 1979 for his performance in Mork & Mindy. He won two Emmys, both for Outstanding Individual Performance in a Variety or Music Program, in 1987 for A Carol Burnett Special, and then again in 1988 for ABC Presents Royal Gala.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 2 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans