Mad Men made Emmy history while the sitcom 30 Rock and its stars Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin took the top honours at this year's Emmy awards in Los Angeles.
British success at the ceremony was limited, but Tom Wilkinson and Dame Eileen Atkins won awards for their supporting roles.
The winners were:
* Best Series, Drama - Mad Men
* Best Series, Comedy - 30 Rock
* Best Actor, Drama - Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
* Best Actor, Comedy - Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
* Best Actress, Drama - Glenn Close, Damages
* Best Actress, Comedy - Tina Fey, 30 Rock
* Best Supporting Actor, Drama Series - Zeljko Ivanek, Damages
* Best Supporting Actress, Drama Series - Dianne Wiest, In Treatment
* Best Supporting Actor, Comedy Series - Jeremy Piven, Entourage
* Best Supporting Actress, Comedy Series - Jean Smart, Samantha Who?
* Best Reality-Competition Programme - The Amazing Race
* Best Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Programme - Jeff Probst, Survivor
* Best Made for Television Movie - Recount
* Best Variety, Music or Comedy Series - The Daily Show With Jon Stewart'
* Best Miniseries - John Adams
* Best Lead Actress, Miniseries or Movie - Laura Linney, John Adams
* Best Lead Actor, Miniseries or Movie - Paul Giamatti, John Adams
* Best Supporting Actress, Miniseries or Movie - Eileen Atkins, Cranford (Masterpiece Theatre)
* Best Supporting Actor, Miniseries or Movie - Tom Wilkinson, John Adams
* Best Directing, Drama Series - Greg Yaitanes, House
* Best Directing, Comedy Series - Barry Sonnenfeld, Pushing Daisies
* Best Directing, Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special - Jay Roach, Recount
* Best Directing, Variety, Music Or Comedy Programme - Louis J Horvitz, 80th Annual Academy Awards
* Best Individual Performance In A Variety Or Music Programme - Don Rickles, Mr Warmth: The Don Rickles Project
* Best Writing, Comedy Series - Tina Fey, 30 Rock
* Best Writing, Drama Series - Matthew Weiner, Mad Men
* Best Writing, Miniseries, Movie Or A Dramatic Special - Kirk Ellis, John Adams
* Best Writing, Variety, Music Or Comedy Programme - The Colbert Report