Ex-Radio 1 DJ Chris Denning re-arrested by Jimmy Savile police on suspicion of sex offences
Denning was part of the team that launched Radio 1
A 72-year-old man, believed to be former BBC DJ Chris Denning, has been re-arrested by Operation Yewtree, the ongoing police inquiry sparked by the Jimmy Savile scandal.
Denning was arrested in June, over allegations unrelated to Savile.
He is thought to be "Yewtree 13", who was arrested at an address in east London, according to the Metropolitan Police, over further allgations.
He was re-bailed to return pending further inquiries to a date in October.
Mr Denning was the first announcer on BBC2 upon its launch in 1964, and part of the team which launched Radio 1 in 1967.
Mr Denning first worked on radio as a teenager in America before travelling to Kenya to work on the British Forces Network there.
He presented Where It’s At with Kenny Everett on the BBC’s Light Programme.
He also worked as a music producer for the Beatles, and helped launch Gary Glitter's career.
Glitter, the comedian Freddie Starr and the public relations man Max Clifford are among the other high-profile names who have been arrested during the inquiry.
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 2 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 3 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 4 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
- 5 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
Game of Thrones star Maisie Williams to make special guest appearance in Doctor Who
Cassetteboy joins forces with Russell Brand for Emperor's New Clothes film
Poldark, review: Demelza’s insouciance is almost as impressive as Ross’ pecs
Jay Z launches streaming service Tidal with help from Kanye West, Rihanna and Coldplay
Fifty Shades of Grey movie shows first sex scene 'after 40 minutes'
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
JK Rowling responds to fan tweeting she 'can't see' Dumbledore being gay
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew