Ex-Radio 1 DJ Chris Denning re-arrested by Jimmy Savile police on suspicion of sex offences
Denning was part of the team that launched Radio 1
A 72-year-old man, believed to be former BBC DJ Chris Denning, has been re-arrested by Operation Yewtree, the ongoing police inquiry sparked by the Jimmy Savile scandal.
Denning was arrested in June, over allegations unrelated to Savile.
He is thought to be "Yewtree 13", who was arrested at an address in east London, according to the Metropolitan Police, over further allgations.
He was re-bailed to return pending further inquiries to a date in October.
Mr Denning was the first announcer on BBC2 upon its launch in 1964, and part of the team which launched Radio 1 in 1967.
Mr Denning first worked on radio as a teenager in America before travelling to Kenya to work on the British Forces Network there.
He presented Where It’s At with Kenny Everett on the BBC’s Light Programme.
He also worked as a music producer for the Beatles, and helped launch Gary Glitter's career.
Glitter, the comedian Freddie Starr and the public relations man Max Clifford are among the other high-profile names who have been arrested during the inquiry.
Books And it is whizzpopping!
MusicThey're running their own restaurants
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta clashes with President Obama on LGBT equality: ‘Gay rights is really a non-issue’
- 2 Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park
- 3 Mers outbreak: Manchester Royal Infirmary A&E closes over suspected cases
- 4 Jon Snow alive? New Game of Thrones toy line suggests he's not among the dead
- 5 Denmark bans kosher and halal slaughter as minister says ‘animal rights come before religion’
The 9 charts that show the 'left-wing' policies of Jeremy Corbyn the public actually agrees with
Labour leadership contender Jeremy Corbyn says 'we can learn a great deal from Karl Marx'
The last thing Labour needs is a leader like Jeremy Corbyn who people want to vote for
What the Labour party could look like under Jeremy Corbyn
I am the Jeremy Corbyn supporter that many will tell you doesn't exist
Public anger after French sunbather beaten up by gang for wearing a bikini in Reims park