Far from Bad Romance: Lady Gaga and Dot Cotton strike up friendship on Graham Norton
The unlikely pair hit it off as guests on the Friday night show
Chat show host Graham Norton played matchmaker for an unlikely friendship this week when flamboyant singer Lady Gaga and EastEnders star June Brown shared a tipple on his sofa.
Renowned for her sublime and downright ridiculous fashion decisions, Gaga was full of admiration for the Dot Cotton actress, telling her, “you look amazing” before stealing a sip of her red wine.
“I want to drink from your cup to see what those genes are,” she drawled at the 86-year-old actress, plucking some flumes from her outlandish feathered headpiece and pinning a touch of ‘Gaga’ to Brown’s outfit.
Proving that the life in your later years can be daring, Brown admitted that her own striking get-up had been an attempt to “outdo” her fellow guest, who donned a seashell bra for her performance.
The episode of The Graham Norton Show will air this Friday, with actor Jude Law and comedian Greg Davies also featuring.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
- < Previous
- Next >