Far from Bad Romance: Lady Gaga and Dot Cotton strike up friendship on Graham Norton
The unlikely pair hit it off as guests on the Friday night show
Chat show host Graham Norton played matchmaker for an unlikely friendship this week when flamboyant singer Lady Gaga and EastEnders star June Brown shared a tipple on his sofa.
Renowned for her sublime and downright ridiculous fashion decisions, Gaga was full of admiration for the Dot Cotton actress, telling her, “you look amazing” before stealing a sip of her red wine.
“I want to drink from your cup to see what those genes are,” she drawled at the 86-year-old actress, plucking some flumes from her outlandish feathered headpiece and pinning a touch of ‘Gaga’ to Brown’s outfit.
Proving that the life in your later years can be daring, Brown admitted that her own striking get-up had been an attempt to “outdo” her fellow guest, who donned a seashell bra for her performance.
The episode of The Graham Norton Show will air this Friday, with actor Jude Law and comedian Greg Davies also featuring.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 3 Scottish referendum 'English question': Tory MPs call on David Cameron to create an English first minister in wake of No vote
- 4 Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since TV series ended in 2004
Doctor Who, Time Heist, review: Keeley Hawes is marvellous but the Doctor is the real villain
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'