From East End to West End: John Patridge joins A Chorus Line
Friday 23 November 2012
EastEnders star John Partridge is to head the cast of A Chorus Line when it returns to the West End for the first time in more than three decades.
Partridge, who has become familiar as Albert Square's Christian Clarke and as a judge on BBC talent hunt Over The Rainbow, will join the show when it opens in February.
The actor, who has also appeared in Starlight Express, Cats and Grease, will star as the director Zach in the production, as he goes about casting a Broadway show.
Also in A Chorus Line will be Leigh Zimmerman, who has appeared in Chicago and The Producers, and Scarlett Strallen, who is currently in Singin' in the Rain in London.
The original production won nine Tony Awards and the Pulitzer prize for drama when it opened on Broadway in 1975.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
Best TV shows on Netflix: 26 series to binge on
Led Zeppelin to release alternative Stairway To Heaven after 43 years
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Freddie Prinze Jr on 24: 'Kiefer Sutherland was the most unprofessional dude in the world – I hated every moment of it'
Coolio has sold his soul to Pornhub
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >