From Holby City to Walford: Luisa Bradshaw-White heads for EastEnders
Thursday 19 September 2013
Former Holby City star Luisa Bradshaw-White is to join the cast of EastEnders - playing the cheeky sister of hard-nosed Shirley Carter.
The actress - also known for her role in BBC drama This Life and more recently seen in ITV's Home Front - will head to Walford to join the show in November.
She has already begun filming scenes ahead of her arrival on screen.
Tina - younger sister of Shirley, who is played by Linda Henry - is described by the BBC as "cheeky, full of energy, loud, brash and can be very, very naughty".
The 37-year-old actress said: "I am so excited to be joining EastEnders to play Tina as she is such a brilliant character to play. Linda is an amazing person to work with and the energy between Shirley and Tina is explosive."
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture