Game of Thrones season 4: 15 images teasing new characters released
Daenarys' new mercenary among teaser images
Game of Thrones' season 4 air date of April 7, 2014 is still a long way down the dirt path, so here's a few teaser photos from the new series to tide you over until the next trailer (scroll to see gallery).
Those who survived the high body count of season 3 are back in the set of images, including Emilia Clarke's Daenarys Targaryen making battle look like a Vogue shoot and Jack Gleeson's King Joffrey generally being his smug self.
There are glimpses of new Westeros residents too, namely Michael Huisman who will take over from Ed Skrein as one of Dany's mercenaries, Daario Naharis, Pedro Pascal as Oberyn Martell and Indira Varma as Ellaria Sand, the latter of whom is set to interact with the Lannisters in the new season.
The first trailer for the series dropped earlier this month and was chock full of ominous imagery, with crows pecking corpses on the battlefield and eyes meeting over the flames of funeral pyres.
We found King Joffrey celebrating his recent nuptials to Margaery Tyrell at the trailer's opening, while Dany was busy plotting world domination, declaring: "They have a choice, they can live in my new world or die in their old one."
Game of Thrones returns on Monday 7 April at 9pm on Sky Atlantic.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
Robin Williams Emmys tribute led by Billy Crystal criticised for including 'racist' joke about Muslim woman
The Rotherham child abuse scandal is a tale of apologists, misogyny and double standards
Scottish independence TV debate: Pumped-up Alex Salmond bounces back in bruising second round against Alistair Darling
Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- < Previous
- Next >