Gary Barlow to play 'Miranda' love interest
Thursday 01 November 2012
Gary Barlow is to take a guest role in Miranda Hart's TV sitcom - as the new man who sets her heart aflutter.
The Take That star, 41, has a one-off role in the BBC1 series which returns next month.
X Factor judge Barlow has already filmed his scenes for the Bafta-winning show.
The pair worked together in the summer when they were involved in the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations at Buckingham Palace.
A BBC spokeswoman said: "Gary appears in one episode of the programme. They get friendly in an unexpected way."
The programme is unlikely to go up against Barlow's ITV1 talent contest as the episode is expected to be screened early in the new year.
Busy Barlow is about to embark on a solo tour this month, while The X Factor is still going on. And on Monday he is due to collect the Music Industry Trusts Award at a gala dinner.
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Doctor Who Christmas special 2013: New pictures released of Matt Smith's finale
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Australian ultra-nationalist politician Stephanie Banister in car crash immigration TV interview
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >