Gervais gets dolphin role in Family Guy
The American cartoon show Family Guy has recruited Ricky Gervais to provide the voice for a new character – a talking dolphin named Billy Finn – in a forthcoming series.
The Office star has joined the cast for a storyline involving the marine mammal moving into the comedy's fictional town of Quahog in Rhode Island, after a chance meeting on a fishing trip.
The surreal show written by Seth MacFarlane follows the Griffin family, who include Brian the talking dog and a psychopathic baby called Stewie.
Gervais said: "Family Guy is my favourite show at the moment. I watch two a night and I'm slightly obsessed. When Seth MacFarlane phoned me out of the blue and said he was a huge fan I was delighted. It was such a joy working with the team and I really like the way my character looks too."
Arts & Ents blogs
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
- 1 Asteroid nine times the size of the QE2 liner to sail pass Earth
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 4 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.