Homeland pulls in lowest ever ratings on Channel 4
The second episode attracted 200,000 fewer viewers than last week's season three premiere
Homeland has pulled in its lowest ever ratings on Channel 4, with 1.94 million viewers tuning in to watch the second episode of series three.
The second episode attracted 206,000 fewer viewers than the first episode, which premiered last Sunday to an audience of 2.2 million.
The US Showtime drama is broadcast against ITV’s hit Downton Abbey, which regularly pulls in an audience of over 9 million.
Last year, Homeland series one increased its ratings by roughly 400,000 week-on-week, pulling in an audience as high as 2.6 million despite being scheduled against Silent Witness and Titanic.
tv Jenny Lee may have left, but Miranda Hart and the rest of the midwives deliver the goods
Film The critics but sneer but these unfashionable festive films are our favourites
TV We're so close to knowing what happened to Oliver Hughes, but a last-minute bluff crushes expectations
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Rozanne Duncan: Ukip expels councillor for 'jaw-dropping' comments made in BBC TV interview
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Alex Salmond has 'broken his word to the Scottish people' says Scottish Lib Dem leader