Hunt is on for Clarrie Grundy No4
Saturday 22 September 2012
Rosalind Adams is quitting as Clarrie Grundy in The Archers after 25 years in the role.
But producers of the BBC Radio 4 soap will not be killing off the character and will recast the role, which has been played by three actresses since it was created in the 1970s.
Adams said she was parting company with long-suffering Clarrie – the wife of loveable rogue Eddie – to allow her to spend more time with her grandchildren.
She added: "I'm 68 and have very young grandchildren with whom I want to spend more time. It has been a brilliant job and I'm happy to hand it over to someone else."
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >