I'm A Celebrity 2013 contestants: David Emanuel
Who has left luxury behind to face the bushtucker trials down-under?
David Emanuel, 60, fashion designer
Who? David is Royal Fashion Designer and famous for creating Princess Diana’s wedding dress.
Why take part?: After beating prostate cancer last year, he wants to see whether he can survive the jungle too. “Had I not had those tests, I might not be here. What is there to lose?”
What he says: “It’s not going to be Vogue Magazine! But I will give it a shot. I don’t see the point of not giving it all a go.”
Most likely to humilate himself: Passing judgement on his campmates fashion choices.
Phobias: Everything and anything including claustrophobia, heights and creepy-crawlies.
Ideal campsite comrade: Anyone who hates bullying and bitchiness as much as he does.
Looking forward to: Challenging himself, then being reunited with his doves, bed and a nice hot bath.
Odds of a jungle romance?: David is divorced. “I’d like to think there will be a few pretty blondes in there who I can be a shoulder to cry on!” he says.
Art Piece taken off website amid 'severe security alert'
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Academy criticised after no non-white actors nominated
tvAn expose of hooliganism masquerading as an ideological battle
artLee Hadwin can't draw when he's awake, but by night he's an artist
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
French court convicts three over homophobic tweets, in case hailed as a 'significant victory' by LGBT rights campaigners
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
Islamic history is full of free thinkers - but recent attempts to suppress critical thought are verging on the absurd
30,000 reasons why the rhetoric on immigrants claiming benefits can stop now