I'm A Celebrity 2013 contestants: David Emanuel
Who has left luxury behind to face the bushtucker trials down-under?
David Emanuel, 60, fashion designer
Who? David is Royal Fashion Designer and famous for creating Princess Diana’s wedding dress.
Why take part?: After beating prostate cancer last year, he wants to see whether he can survive the jungle too. “Had I not had those tests, I might not be here. What is there to lose?”
What he says: “It’s not going to be Vogue Magazine! But I will give it a shot. I don’t see the point of not giving it all a go.”
Most likely to humilate himself: Passing judgement on his campmates fashion choices.
Phobias: Everything and anything including claustrophobia, heights and creepy-crawlies.
Ideal campsite comrade: Anyone who hates bullying and bitchiness as much as he does.
Looking forward to: Challenging himself, then being reunited with his doves, bed and a nice hot bath.
Odds of a jungle romance?: David is divorced. “I’d like to think there will be a few pretty blondes in there who I can be a shoulder to cry on!” he says.
ReviewThese heroes in a half shell should have been left in hibernation
Sek, k'athjilari! (That’s “yes, definitely” to non-native speakers).TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Jack the Ripper: Scientist who claims to have identified notorious killer has 'made serious DNA error'
- 2 Banksy arrest hoax: Internet duped by fake online report claiming artist's identity has been revealed
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Former East 17 frontman Brian Harvey turns up at Downing Street and 'demands to speak to Prime Minister'
- 5 The inventor of the Facebook 'like' button says he never made a 'dislike' button because he feared the 'unfortunate consequences'
Doctor Who, Flatline - review: Clara isn’t half bad as the Time Lord
Downton Abbey review series 5, episode 5: Period drama falls disappointingly flat
Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
Fury, film review: Brad Pitt is intriguing as unsympathetic war hero
Star Wars Episode 7 has almost finished filming
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Lord Freud: Tory welfare minister apologises after saying disabled people are 'not worth’ the minimum wage
Lord Freud hangs on as MPs of all parties 'call for his head' over disability comments