I'm in! Kelly Hoppen to enter Dragon's Den
Interior designer and businesswoman Kelly Hoppen is to join the fearsome panel on TV's Dragons' Den.
Show bosses have signed up the 53-year-old for the 11th series of the BBC2 show.
Hoppen, who was awarded an MBE in 2009, runs her own firm as well as a design school and is famed for her use of taupe and beige colour schemes.
She has fronted a Channel 5 series and has written a number of books.
Producers are still to appoint a further Dragon after Theo Paphitis and Hilary Devey left the show.
Hoppen said: "I have always been passionate about championing entrepreneurs, so being able to take it to the next level by investing my money in innovative new businesses is very exciting.
"Having started my design business as a teenager, building a global brand through two recessions, I understand the reality of running a creative business.
"I'm looking forward to bringing a different perspective into the Den and to hopefully finding an undiscovered gem or two."
Executive producer of Dragons' Den, Ceri Aston, said: "Kelly is an exciting addition to the Dragons' Den line-up.
"With her creative energy, business acumen and acute sense of style, she embodies everything that's great about British design. I'm thrilled to have her on board."
Arts & Ents blogs
The Photography Blog: ‘Control Order House’ by Edmund Clark – Photographing our response to terrorism
Recent events in Boston have served as a painful reminder of the threat posed by terrorism. In Contr...
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
- 1 The ‘Beverly Hills’ of Surrey pays more income tax than big cities of the North
- 2 Gareth Bale agrees new £130,000-a-week Tottenham contract - but can leave next season for £50m
- 3 'Revenge porn' is no longer a niche activity which victimises only celebrities - the law must intervene
- 4 The moral case on tax avoidance is overwhelming - and we all know Google wants to do the right thing
- 5 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Jose Mourinho at Chelsea will be a reunion that can only end in tears
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.