In pictures: Child stars all grown-up
Thursday 12 April 2012
When Anna Chlumsky hit the red carpet yesterday to promote her new HBO television series Veep, you'd have been forgiven for sighing sadly and shouting "Vada!" at her. Like many child stars who have gone on to relative obscurity, not ended up hooked on drugs or managed to carve out a successful career away from the cameras, she will remain fixed as the dorky kid Macuaulay Culkin's Thomas J was in love with in the heartbreaking 1991 movie, My Girl.
We know about the Britneys and the Lohans who made it big as children and managed to stay in the limelight post-puberty, but what happened to the others? Where are little Charlie Bucket or Kevin McCallister?
Here independent.co.uk rounds up child stars who are all grown-up:
tv Review: Miranda Hart and co deliver the festive goods
tvReview: Older generation get hot under the collar this Christmas
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 AirAsia flight QZ8501 missing: Search for plane carrying 162 passengers from Indonesia to Singapore suspended overnight
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2014, review: Love is everywhere, actually
The golden age of TV comedy is here
The Boy in the Dress, TV review: David Walliams' Boxing Day treat is a celebration of being different
From Marvel to Star Wars: The rise of cinema’s shared universes
Game of Thrones is most-pirated TV show of 2014
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk