In pictures: Child stars all grown-up
Thursday 12 April 2012
When Anna Chlumsky hit the red carpet yesterday to promote her new HBO television series Veep, you'd have been forgiven for sighing sadly and shouting "Vada!" at her. Like many child stars who have gone on to relative obscurity, not ended up hooked on drugs or managed to carve out a successful career away from the cameras, she will remain fixed as the dorky kid Macuaulay Culkin's Thomas J was in love with in the heartbreaking 1991 movie, My Girl.
We know about the Britneys and the Lohans who made it big as children and managed to stay in the limelight post-puberty, but what happened to the others? Where are little Charlie Bucket or Kevin McCallister?
Here independent.co.uk rounds up child stars who are all grown-up:
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
Game of Thrones season 6: Jon Snow theorists believe Ned Stark's son may have a twin sister
Edinburgh Fringe 2015: Monty Python-inspired Australian Sam Simmons wins comedy award with 'very silly' show
X Factor hopeful Mason Noise: 'How is Cheryl Fernandez-Versini in the music business, let alone a judge?'
Game of Thrones season 6: Director promises most exciting premiere yet 'starts off with a bang'
Star Wars: The Force Awakens: Online toy marathon to launch new film
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Tony Blair attacks Jeremy Corbyn's 'Alice In Wonderland' politics
Theresa May says jobless migrants should be banned from entering the UK