Jason Manford to take over from Adrian Chiles on The One Show
Comedian Jason Manford will step into Adrian Chiles's shoes on The One Show, the BBC announced today.
The panel show regular will join Christine Bleakley to present the flagship BBC1 magazine programme.
He will join the team in July, the corporation said, and will co-host the show from Monday to Thursday.
Others who had been thought to be in the frame included Matt Allwright and Matt Baker.
Chiles made an emotional farewell to viewers last month in his final appearance on The One Show.
The presenter has defected to ITV in a deal which sees him heading to the GMTV sofa and fronting a range of shows including football coverage.
Chiles had appeared on the BBC1 weekday magazine programme since 2007, co-presenting with Myleene Klass when the show first hit TV screens.
During his tenure, Chiles dressed as James Bond, broke a kissing record, was caned on his backside and donned a pair of high heels.
He was thought to have agreed a £6 million contract over four years with ITV after becoming disenchanted by the BBC's decision to replace him with Chris Evans on The One Show on Friday nights.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
X Factor 2013: Luke Friend wins place in final as Rough Copy sent home
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >