It’s not all about the price tag for Jessie J.
While she could be making a bigger household name for herself as a judge on X Factor, she has defended rival show The Voice.
The singer said despite the show’s slump in ratings she was not put off signing for the second series, because the competition has “credibility”.
“I definitely wouldn’t be sitting in the chair if it was bad, if it wasn’t credible. It is a music show that celebrates and doesn’t ridicule,” the “Price Tag” singer told The Sun.
She said she thought critics had been unfair about the BBC1 talent show, and took a subtle swipe at rival format The X Factor.
“It is unrealistic, although perhaps fashionable, to compare any show that is brand new. The Voice is like nothing else, there is no bullying, no pointing and laughing or editing to make people look horrific.”
The star, who raised more than £500,000 for Comic Relief on Friday by shaving her hair off, will return to The Voice on Saturday March 30 with fellow coaches Sir Tom Jones, Will.i.am and Danny O’Donoghue.
Whether she will be wearing a trademark wig is yet to be seen.Reuse content