Jimmy Carr's tax avoidance ribbing draws 8 Out of 10 Cats' highest rating in two years
Sunday 24 June 2012
Jimmy Carr’s ribbing on 8 Out of 10 Cats saw the Channel 4 comedy show attain its highest ratings in more than two years.
Mocking the host’s tax arrangements, panellist Sean Lock said: “We all like to put a bit of money away for a rainy day, don't we? But I think you're more prepared than Noah.”
Carr’s shamefaced apologies over the K2 scheme saw ratings jump to 2.5 million, compared to just 1.3 million last week.
The episode’s unusually good ratings propelled Channel 4 into the top three most-watched channels on Friday evening, a position it normally surrenders to BBC Two.
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
YouTube star Rebecca Black is back with Saturday (it's a sequel to Friday, see?)
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
X Factor 2013: Luke Friend wins place in final as Rough Copy sent home
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >