Jimmy Carr's tax avoidance ribbing draws 8 Out of 10 Cats' highest rating in two years
Sunday 24 June 2012
Jimmy Carr’s ribbing on 8 Out of 10 Cats saw the Channel 4 comedy show attain its highest ratings in more than two years.
Mocking the host’s tax arrangements, panellist Sean Lock said: “We all like to put a bit of money away for a rainy day, don't we? But I think you're more prepared than Noah.”
Carr’s shamefaced apologies over the K2 scheme saw ratings jump to 2.5 million, compared to just 1.3 million last week.
The episode’s unusually good ratings propelled Channel 4 into the top three most-watched channels on Friday evening, a position it normally surrenders to BBC Two.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Bad luck, One Direction: Paul McCartney doubts success of The Beatles will ever be matched again
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
Game of Thrones season 6: Daenerys actress Emilia Clarke says '50/50 chance' Jon Snow is alive
The last decade has produced just four UK festival headline acts
What if Nicolas Cage played every character in Game of Thrones?
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture