Joanna Page joins David Tennant and Billie Piper for Doctor Who 50th anniversary TV movie
Former Gavin & Stacey star Joanna Page will be part of the cast for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who.
The news comes after it was confirmed last week that David Tennant and Billie Piper will also return for the Doctor Who special.
The three actors join Matt Smith, Jenna-Louise Coleman and John Hurt for the episode, which begins filming this week.
Page, who recently gave birth to her first child, is seen here at the read-through for the episode with David Tennant, Jenna-Louise Coleman and Matt Smith.
The BBC is yet to announce which character Page will play.
The actress was linked to the show in 2010 and said at the time: “I think I’ve got to be the only Welsh actress who has never been in Doctor Who so if someone would like me to be in Doctor Who I would love the part.”
Arts & Ents blogs
'The Full Monty' stage play to close in West End after only a month - despite Olivier Awards nomination
Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your endless scrolling
Game of Thrones star Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on acting one-handed and why Jaime Lannister is really not so bad
Halle Berry's role in X-Men: Days of Future Past cut down to one scene
Game of Thrones star Sibel Kekilli says she wants to see more male nudity in the show
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers