Man in court accused of biting off Game of Thrones actor Clive Mantle's ear
Friday 12 April 2013
A 32-year-old man appeared in court today accused of biting off part of former Casualty actor Clive Mantle's ear.
Philip McGilvray, of Arbroath Grove, Hamilton, Scotland, appeared at Newcastle Magistrates' Court charged with wounding with intent.
He is accused of attacking Mantle, who has also appeared in the hit US TV show Game Of Thrones, at a Travelodge on Newcastle's Quayside on Sunday 24 March.
The 55-year-old actor had been appearing in a touring production of The Ladykillers in the city and it was believed an incident occurred after he asked other guests to keep the noise down.
McGilvray did not enter a plea and the case was sent to Newcastle Crown Court for a hearing on 26 April.
He was granted bail with a series of conditions, one of which bars him from licensed premises.
The dark-haired defendant wore a grey suit with white open-neck shirt for the hearing. He covered his face with a hat and scarf as he left court and was driven away in a hatchback.
Mantle, who is 6ft 5in, played Greatjon Umber, a northern lord, in the first series of Game Of Thrones. In Casualty he played surgeon Mike Barrett.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories