Michelle Dockery from Downton and Claire Danes of Homeland in Golden Globe battle
Thursday 13 December 2012
The Golden Globe nominations are in and it looks set to be yet another battle between popular television dramas Homeland and Downton Abbey.
The best actress nominees are Connie Britton for Nashville; Glenn Close for Damages; Claire Danes for Homeland; Michelle Dockery for Downton Abbey; and Julianna Margulies for The Good Wife.
Battling it out for best actor in a television drama are Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire; Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad; Jeff Daniels, The Newsroom; Jon Hamm, Mad Men; and Damian Lewis, Homeland.
The nominations for best television comedy series are The Big Bang Theory, Episodes, Girls, Modern Family and Smash.
The 70th annual Golden Globe Awards will be presented 13 January, hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 3 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 4 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 5 Isis publicly behead man in Syrian town square for 'insulting Allah' as he screams for help
Heavy metal producer's corpse to be mutilated by models as per his dying wish
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Phil Tufnell, Heather Mills and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as he can keep his clothes on
Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' goes viral 35 years later
Our fascination with the Arctic from Greek myths to Sky Atlantic's new drama Fortitude
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures