Natasha Kaplinsky joins ITV news
Thursday 04 August 2011
Natasha Kaplinsky is joining ITV News in September.
The former BBC and Channel 5 anchor - who became the highest-paid newsreader in the UK when she was paid £1 million to leve the BBC for Five News in February 2003 - will front ITV's 'London Tonight' show in place of current star Nina Hossain while she is on maternity leave.
However, the role will also see her present a whole host of other programme's for the network. She said: "I am very much enjoying being part of ITV's line-up, and thrilled to be returning to my first love, news. This is an exciting chance to work with the talented team in the ITV newsroom."
Natasha - who has two children, Arlo, two, and Angelica, 15 months - will take up the role until Nina returns to her position as anchor in early 2012. Faye Nickolds, editor of 'ITV London Tonight', added: "Natasha has an impressive background presenting national and regional news programmes - including a short spell on 'ITV London Tonight'.
"We're very much looking forward to her joining the team until Nina's return early next year."
Arts & Ents blogs
The Full Monty to close in West End after one month despite Olivier nomination
Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your endless scrolling
Game of Thrones' Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on acting one-handed and why Jaime Lannister is not bad
Halle Berry's role in X-Men: Days of Future Past role cut to one scene
Game of Thrones star Sibel Kekilli on why she wants more male nudity in the show
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Did jetliner fly into area controlled by Taliban? Net widens after claims final satellite signal could have been sent from the ground
- 4 Nasa-funded study warns of ‘collapse of civilisation’ in coming decades
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers