Nick Grimshaw already dreaming about Radio 1
Tuesday 18 September 2012
New Radio 1 breakfast host Nick Grimshaw has already started to dream about his high-profile show.
The 28-year-old takes over on Monday from Chris Moyles, who bowed out last week after more than eight years. He told the Radio Times magazine: "It was a little daunting to begin with, but now I'm just excited. I'm actually dreaming about it - and nice dreams, too."
Grimshaw, who has been holidaying in Ibiza with his friend Kate Moss, said he was coping well while preparing for the early morning starts. Moyles signed off on Friday, telling listeners that the final show felt like "some weird victory" after "all the flak we've taken".
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland