No longer in The Thick Of It? Nicola Murray actress Rebecca Front says new series is unlikely
Monday 17 June 2013
Rebecca Front has said she does not think there will be another series of The Thick Of It and wouldn't go ahead without Armando Iannucci.
The actress, who played Labour Party leader Nicola Murray, said creator Armando was the driving force behind the series which couldn't be done if he wasn't involved.
She said: "He has said, I think, that he doesn't want to do another series, but he hasn't categorically ruled out the odd one here and there. The long gap (before the last series) was partly because he wanted to wait until the political landscape had settled and because he was busy doing Veep. If something suddenly sparked his imagination it might happen, but we certainly can't do it and wouldn't do it without Armando. It's his project and it's all down to his decision."
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 3 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 4 Britney Spears sings 'Alien' without Auto-Tune in embarrassing leaked audio clip
- 5 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories