Peppa Pig and Bob The Builder join ranks of top children's TV show
Tuesday 30 July 2013
Peppa Pig and Bob The Builder have joined the likes of Grange Hill, Play School and Jackanory in a list of the greatest children's TV shows.
Horrible Histories, Wallace & Gromit and The Story Of Tracy Beaker are some of the more recent creations that have made it on to the 20-strong longlist.
Programmes remembered by previous generations include The Magic Roundabout, Tiswas, Record Breakers and Thunderbirds, which is set to return with a new series in 2015.
Shows on the longlist enjoyed by today's viewers include Blue Peter, which is the world's longest-running children's TV programme, Bob The Builder, Peppa Pig and In The Night Garden.
The list has been compiled by Radio Times staff, with readers asked to select a winner.
Longlist (in alphabetical order):
Bill And Ben (Flower Pot Men)
Bob The builder
In The Night Garden
The Magic Roundabout
Multi-Coloured Swap Shop
The Sarah Jane Adventures
The Story Of Tracy Beaker
Wallace & Gromit
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 Kim Kardashian on Bruce Jenner's 'story': 'We support him no matter what, and I think when the time is right, he'll talk'
- 4 Amal Clooney gives excellent response to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The Jump 2015 line-up: Joey Essex, Mike Tindall, Jodie Kidd and co take to the slopes
Game of Thrones: Grey Worm actor Jacob Anderson is all for more male nudity – as long as he can keep his clothes on
Roald Dahl letter warning student to 'eschew beastly adjectives' goes viral 35 years later
Sia apologises for 'Elastic Heart' music video that sees Shia LaBeouf wrestle 12-year-old Maddie Ziegler
Churchill: The Nation's Farewell, TV review: Paxman reveals truth behind crane docker tribute, but delivers a fitting honour to Winston
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
'We would evict Queen from Buckingham Palace and allocate her council house,' say Greens
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British Muslim school children suffering a backlash of abuse following Paris attacks
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures