Police rebuff Cowell over 'fixing' claim
Saturday 04 June 2011
Police sources indicated that there may not be a formal investigation into a complaint from Simon Cowell against an anonymous blogger who alleged that Ronan Parke, a 12-year-old boy contesting this evening's Britain's Got Talent television final, already had a management deal with Cowell's company Syco and had been moulded to appeal to the audience – something Cowell denies.
Cowell's lawyers have alleged "malicious communication", a criminal offence that carries a fine of up to £5,000 or up to six months in jail.
Ronan said yesterday: "I have never met Simon in my life... It's really silly."
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ashya King: 'Cruel NHS has not given us the treatment we need', says father of five-year-old with brain tumour who fled to Spain