Prince of Walford: EastEnders shoots new scenes to celebrate Royal baby's birth
Tuesday 23 July 2013
The arrival of the royal baby will be marked in tonight's episode of EastEnders after show bosses ordered some last-minute filming to reflect the birth.
A scene showing Dot Cotton (June Brown) and Abi Branning (Lorna Fitzgerald) discussing the happy news was filmed last night and will feature in the BBC soap tonight.
A spokeswoman for the show said: "This is such a momentous occasion for the Royal family, the country and of course the residents of Walford that we felt it should be marked in EastEnders history."
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge spent last night with their son at St Mary's Hospital in London.
This is not the first time the show has celebrated historical events. It has previously made references to the couple's wedding and has honoured sporting achievements including Olympic success in 2012 and Andy Murray's Wimbledon win.
Video: Guards play 'Congratulations' to celebrate birth of royal baby
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >