Regular Radio 2 jazz slot for Jamie Cullum
Wednesday 24 February 2010
Jazz star Jamie Cullum has landed a regular slot as a DJ on Radio 2, it was announced today.
The chart star, who released his latest album The Pursuit late last year, will host a Tuesday night jazz show from April 6.
The station's controller Bob Shennan said: "Radio 2 is proud to demonstrate a continued commitment to jazz by announcing this brand new show."
Last year the station dropped its annual jazz awards, which it organised jointly with Radio 3.
Long-serving presenter Desmond Carrington will move from his present Tuesday slot to a new Friday night position at 7pm from April.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election