Robbie Williams rumoured to be joining Take That pal Gary Barlow as X Factor judge
Thursday 21 February 2013
Take That duo Robbie Williams and Gary Barlow could be reunited on the X Factor judging panel, according to reports.
Show bosses are said to be considering plans to line up the pair on the next series of the ITV talent show which suffered from a slide in ratings last year.
An average audience of 11.1 million tuned in to watch James Arthur win last year's final, compared with the 13.1 million who watched Little Mix win in 2011.
It is only three years since 17.2 million tuned in to see Matt Cardle triumph in the 2010 competition.
The Sun reported that TV bosses wanted Williams and Barlow to provide "fireworks" on the show, and are also planning to bring back Nicole Scherzinger as a judge.
The pair fell out when Williams quit Take That in 1995, but have since made up and Williams rejoined his bandmates in 2010 for a new album and a string of sell-out concert dates.
A spokesman for the show said: "It's far too early to say anything about the judging panel for this year's X Factor."
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results