Strictly Come Dancing 2013: Official line-up announced
The official line-up for Strictly Come Dancing 2013 has been announced, including Sophie Ellis-Bextor, Hairy Biker Dave Myers, Dragon Deborah Meaden and Vanessa Feltz.
Julien Macdonald will join the 14 other contestants, making him the first fashion designer to hit the dance floor in what is likely to be many a sequined costume.
Hot on the heels of gymnast Louis Smith’s performance last year, ruby world cup champion Ben Cohen and golfing legend Tony Jacklin will aim to bring their sporting prowess to the show.
Dave Myers might not be an obvious choice to grace the dance floor, but the Hairy Biker has promised to give it his all. “I am going to wear as much fake tan and glitter as possible,” he said.
Strictly Come Dancing 2013: The line-up in full
Ashley Taylor Dawson
Strictly Come Dancing begins Saturday 7 September at 6.50pm on BBC One
Hairy Biker Dave Myers getting ready to put on the ritz
Video: Julien Mcdonald on Strictly fashion
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let's see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Instagram of US airport security chiefs: Lipstick knives and IED training kits among items seized
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 5 Tony Abbott embarrasses Australia by praising Japanese WWII military, ‘getting on the sake’ and posing for ‘crotch-shot’ photo opportunity
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories
Vanessa Feltz criticises 'vile' reaction to Rolf Harris allegations