Strictly Come Dancing star Vincent Simone to be father again
Monday 15 April 2013
Strictly star Vincent Simone has spoken of his joy at being told he and his partner are expecting their second child just as they were preparing to start fertility treatment.
The dancer, who already has a three-year-old son Luca with partner Susan Duddy, said he was excited by the news.
Susan told Hello! Magazine: "There was a big chance that we couldn't have any more children.
"It's a miracle really - a blessing. I was on the verge of going on medication to help me conceive when I found out I was pregnant."
Vincent said: "We're very happy. We're very excited - I'm the happiest dad."
And he said Luca is just as excited, saying: "He knows there is a baby in there somewhere.
"But then he said he had one in his belly, too."
The couple, who split up when Susan was pregnant with Luca but soon got back together, say they are now closer than ever.
She said: "There have been a lot of obstacles and Vincent's work takes him away so much.
"But we've managed to overcome everything and as a result we've grown stronger.
"We have the same values. In some ways, we really complement each other. In others, we're very different. And at times we drive each other mad, but it just works.
"We have a very strong relationship. I think we could get through anything, really."
:: Read the full interview in Hello! Magazine, out now
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Ukraine crisis: Russia dismisses '3am ultimatum' as 'total nonsense'
If you're horrified by a flame-roasted dog, you should be shocked at a hog roast
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
White people become less racist just by moving to more diverse areas, study finds
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
- 1 To those who can’t see the point of International Women’s Day: you are the very reason it exists
- 2 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 5 Liam Neeson turned down James Bond role because late wife Natasha Richardson said she wouldn't marry him if he took it