'Strictly' wins ratings war as Smith lifts title
Sunday 23 December 2012
Strictly Come Dancing drew almost half the TV audience on Saturday night as ratings for the final were up on the previous year – and it beat the X Factor finale.
At its height, an audience of 14 million was watching the BBC1 show as Louis Smith gyrated to victory. It secured 49 per cent of the audience in its 85-minute run.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Real-life Philomena says film is not 'anti-Catholic'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims