Sunita from Coronation Street to join Loose Women panel
Friday 08 March 2013
Shobna Gulati has become the latest star to swap Weatherfield for the Loose Women panel after it was announced the actress is joining the daytime show.
The actress, who played Sunita Alahan in the long-running ITV soap, said: "I'm delighted to be joining the Loose Women team. It's a show I have watched and loved for years."
Executive producer Sharon Powers said Gulati would be "a very exciting addition to the team."
Regular panellists include former Coronation Street stars Denise Welch, Sherrie Hewson and Sally Lindsay.
Other members of the panel on the ITV show include Carol Vorderman, Andrea McLean, Carol McGiffin and Linda Robson.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
arts + entsOlivier-nominated actor and singer is set to star in Lloyd Webber's musical about the Profumo affair
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
sportUnder-10s football coach sacked for telling parents he was 'only interested in winning'
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Shia LaBeouf's Nymphomaniac sex scene removed from YouTube
Eminem, Drake and Jay Z among Spotify's most-streamed artists of 2013
Morgan Freeman portrait: The world's most realistic finger painting?
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Hate With Friends: Now you can find out who your Facebook frenemies are
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert