The Great British Bake Off to return to BBC One in August
The fifth series of the hit baking show will begin on Wednesday 6 August
Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry are set to take their judging spots in the Bake Off tent again when the series returns in August.
The BBC has confirmed the first episode of the popular baking competition will air on BBC One on Wednesday 6 August.
A trailer for the fifth series of The Great British Bake Off introduces the 12 bakers for the first time, but no names have been revealed yet.
Marry Berry says to camera: “A brand new year, 12 new bakers, I can’t wait to see what they’re all like”, while Paul Hollywood’s distinctive tasting face also features.
The surprise TV hit has moved from BBC Two following last series’ record ratings after 9 million tuned in to watch Frances Quinn crowned champion baker.
The BBC has also announced a new spin-off programme, The Great British Bake Off – An Extra Slice, which will be hosted by Jo Brand to accompany the series on BBC Two.
Bready or not, here they come, you can't hide. Gonna find choux and bake it slowly. Bake Off. On One. Weds 6th Aug. pic.twitter.com/XpBNpJddFQ— BBC One (@BBCOne) July 23, 2014
The show will feature a panel of celebrity fans reviewing the week’s episode as well as an interview with the eliminated baker, in a similar format to The Apprentice: You’re Fired.
Listen to his collaboration with Naughty Boymusic
Film review Michael Glatze biopic isn't about a self-hating gay man gone straight
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Tidal launch: The most pretentious lines from Alicia Keys' valedictory speech
- 2 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 3 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 4 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 5 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans
Revealed: Putin's army of pro-Kremlin bloggers