This Morning apologises for showing image of pregnant Kate Middleton in bikini
Eamonn Holmes was forced to apologise today after an unblurred image of Kate Middleton in a bikini "accidentally" flashed up on screen during This Morning.
The image appeared when the publication of the photographs of pregnant Kate were being discussed.
Apologising for the oversight on the news review section today, presenter Holmes said: “Earlier during today's news review we were discussing photographs of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on a beach in Mustique published in an Italian magazine.
"Unfortunately we accidentally showed an unblurred image of the magazine cover, which briefly showed the photographs. This was a deeply regrettable error and we are very sorry. We apologise unreservedly to the Duke and the Duchess.”
The photographs, which are said to show Kate strolling on a beach on the island of Mustique, have been condemned by St James’s Palace.
The gaffe comes months after This Morning presenter Phillip Schofield handed David Cameron a list of alleged paedophiles he had compiled by “internet rumours”.
ITV apologised on the next day's show and emphasised it was not pointing the finger at anyone in particular. Schofield was later forced to apologise as the list was briefly exposed on screen.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 HeForShe campaign: Iceland to follow up Emma Watson speech with UN women's rights conference – for men only
- 4 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 5 Teenagers irritable because early school hours mess with their biological clocks
Isis, we are told, is a 'clear and dangerous threat to our way of life'. I’m sorry, but I just don’t buy it
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
- < Previous
- Next >