Tom Daley: When an Olympic hero's career takes a dive
Tuesday 01 January 2013
Dear little Tom Daley is excited about his new role, as mentor to celebrities learning to dive for a new TV series, Splash! (which launches on Saturday). Us? Not so much.
It might be the sight of non-athletes in budgie-smugglers that some find a turn-off, or the sound of a soap opera villain belly-flopping from 10m up. But it’s another sound – the accompanying soundtrack of barrel-scraping – that puts us off. Whatever next? Celebrity Shoelace Tie-off? Drinking Coffee on Ice?
Also, we’ve seen Tom’s spoof pop vid and think he’d have a more lucrative future if he joined One Direction...
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Game of Thrones author George RR Martin says 'f*** you' to fans who fear he will die before finishing Westeros saga
- 2 Loom bands: Bids for dress made from colourful rubber reach almost £154,000 on eBay
- 3 PornHub begs users to stop uploading video clips of Brazil getting beaten 7-1
- 4 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 5 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
War is war: Why I stand with Israel