Tom Daley: When an Olympic hero's career takes a dive
Tuesday 01 January 2013
Dear little Tom Daley is excited about his new role, as mentor to celebrities learning to dive for a new TV series, Splash! (which launches on Saturday). Us? Not so much.
It might be the sight of non-athletes in budgie-smugglers that some find a turn-off, or the sound of a soap opera villain belly-flopping from 10m up. But it’s another sound – the accompanying soundtrack of barrel-scraping – that puts us off. Whatever next? Celebrity Shoelace Tie-off? Drinking Coffee on Ice?
Also, we’ve seen Tom’s spoof pop vid and think he’d have a more lucrative future if he joined One Direction...
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Half of young women unable to ‘locate vagina’ and 65% find it difficult to say the word
- 2 Perez Hilton apologises for Jennifer Lawrence naked photo leak
- 3 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 4 Mexican woman becomes world’s 'oldest person' at 127
- 5 Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
Rotherham child sex abuse scandal: Labour Home Office to be probed over what Tony Blair's government knew - and when
What do immigrants really think of Britain? Polish immigrant's Reddit post goes viral
Ashya King: Parents of five-year-old boy refused permission to visit him in hospital and denied bail at Spanish court
With Douglas Carswell joining Ukip, my party has taken another giant step forward
When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
Ukip Douglas Carswell defection: Tory MP jumps ship to join Nigel Farage